Advanced registration is now closed. You may register onsite at the symposium.
If you have questions, please contact Nancy Simpson, registration secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-9687 (7:30 am-4:00 pm CST).
The regular and student registration fee includes admission to symposium sessions, Tuesday awards luncheon, two poster session receptions (with heavy hors d'oeuvres), three continental breakfasts (with fruit), and refreshment breaks.
The one-day registration includes symposium materials and catering functions for the day you are attending.
On or before February 23 (extended until February 27)
Regular – $350 USD
Student - $175 USD
One-Day – $185 USD
After February 23
Regular – $400 USD
Student - $225 USD
One-Day - $210 USD
Guest/Accompanying Person - (Includes admission to the two poster session receptions; does not include awards luncheon.)
On or before February 23 - $90 USD
After February 23 - $115 USD
Guest luncheon Ticket: (regular registration includes the luncheon; use this option if you are bringing someone to the luncheon as a guest)
On or Before February 23 - $45 USD
After February 23 - $55 USD
Pre- and Post-Symposium Workshops (Optional)
Pre-Symposium Workshop - Monday, March 23 – 3:00-6:00 PM
“Novel Applications of Geo-Technologies in Agriculture and Non-Agriculture IPM Decision Support” - $45 USD
Post-Symposium Workshop – Friday, March 27 – 8:00am-12:00 noon
“Evaluation and Assessment of IPM Programs” - $45 USD
Optional Activities Registration - These activities are available for both symposium participants and their guests. They are not included in the symposium registration fee.
Pre-Symposium Field Trips – Monday, March 23 – 1:00-5:00 PM
Choose between one of two local destinations, where Integrated Pest Management practices—and their associated challenges—will be showcased. Both will depart at 1:00pm and return by 5:00pm. Space is limited. FIELD TRIPS ARE CONCURRENT. CHOOSE ONLY ONE FIELD TRIP.
A) Community-based field trip –
1. Hillside Middle School, Salt Lake City: Salt Lake City School District has a nationally-recognized IPM program, and has chosen to highlight this facility. Facility manager Gregg Smith will host, Ryan Davis of Utah State will talk about the program (and its recent expansion statewide); Marc Lame from Indiana University will also be present for the tour.
2. Frog Bench Farms: Literally around the corner from Hillside, Frog Bench Farms is a local commercial organic farm. Paula Sargetakis will welcome the group and talk about their spring work, which will be in full-swing at that time.
3. Wasatch Community Gardens: We will see one of the larger urban agricultural sites established by this non-profit organization. Susan Finlayson and her team will talk about their program and their pest pressures. They promote organic gardening practices, but pest management appears not to be the foremost issue associated with urban agriculture. - To be held on Monday afternoon, 1:00-5:00 PM. $25 USD per person
B) Ag-based Field Trip –
1. Pettingill's Fruit Farm, Willard, UT: We will have a 45-60 ride north of Salt Lake City through an area called “Fruit Way” to this farm that practices IPM. Utah State Extension specialist Mike Pace will discuss a pheromone mating disruption program for the fruit borer.
2. Legacy Preserve, Farmington, UT: Headed back south, we will stop and and tour a portion of this wetland area that has been set aside from development. Eric McCulley of Intermountain Aquatics will talk about several aspects of the pest management efforts here, especially as related to the invasive reed, Phragmites. - To be held on Monday afternoon, 1:00-5:00 PM. - $25 USD per person
Welcome Reception at Utah Museum of Contemporary Art – Monday, March 23 – 5:30-7:30 PM
The fee includes hors d’oeuvres, non-alcoholic beverages, and admission to the museum. Transportation is not included; venue is located adjacent to the Salt Palace Convention Center. - $25 USD
On-site Registration: Located in Hall 1, Salt Palace Convention Center
Monday, March 23 - 12:00-5:00 PM
Tuesday, March 24 - 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
Wednesday, March 25 - 7:30 AM-5:00 PM
Thursday, March 26 - 7:30 AM-5:00 PM
If you register for the symposium and find you cannot attend, a refund, less a $75 processing fee, will be made if you notify Elaine Wolff at email@example.com or Nancy Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2015. No refunds will be issued after March 9, but you may send someone in your place.