The next Symposium will be held in Spring 2021. The dates and location will be announced soon; please check back.
2018 Symposium Stats:
- 514 participants, including 51 students and 50+ Sysco participants
- 202 oral presentations in 47 sessions
- 172 poster presentations
- 17 exhibitors
- 25 different countries represented
The 9th International IPM Symposium will be held March 19-22, 2018 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, 202 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. The International IPM Symposium is the premier global event for sharing your expertise, networking with colleagues and leading scientists, and learning the latest technologies for effectively managing pests. In 2018, we will organize around an important theme, IPM: Improving Health, Environment and Global Sustainability. Those who register by February 19 will pay a reduced price.
- Opening keynote presentation by Dr. Dini M. Miller, Professor, Virginia Tech University, and Urban Pest Management Specialist, State of Virginia, and an internationally recognized expert in the area of urban pest management, specializing in bed bug and German cockroach biology, behavior, and control
- Mini-symposia featuring experts addressing hot topics in the IPM field
- More than 40 concurrent sessions designed for practitioners, growers, educators, consultants, researchers, industry professionals, students, and employees of non-governmental organizations
- CCA credits available – 25 CCA CEUs in IPM category, 5 CCA CEUs in the professional development category
- Maryland Department of Agriculture pesticide recertification credits available - 8 credits in categories: private, CORE, 1A, 3A, 3B, 3C, 7A and 10
- A specialized day-long workshop, “Integrated Tick Management: Community-Wide Action to Address the Global Tick Problem"
- Presentation of the 2018 IPM Achievement Awards
- Over 170 poster presentations of research and best practices
- Field trips to see IPM in action in downtown Baltimore
- Exhibits from leading IPM suppliers
- Optional trip to visit policymakers on Capitol Hill to educate them on IPM needs and benefits for your sector and clientele
The Symposium opens on Monday, March 19 at 5:00 PM with the keynote presentation and announcement of the 2018 IPM Achievement Awards. The closing session will end at 11:45 AM on Thursday, March 22.
Register now and take advantage of the early bird price of $375. The registration fee includes admission to all symposium sessions, Wednesday poster session reception, three continental breakfasts, and refreshment breaks. The special price is good until February 19.
Past participants at this premier international IPM event have included researchers, teachers, Extension educators, independent consultants, the agriculture and food community, IPM practitioners, academics, government scientists and administrators, employees of non-governmental organizations, students, and business professionals from the U.S. and more than 30 countries.
"Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a sustainable, science-based, decision-making process that combines biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools to identify, manage and reduce risk from pests and pest management tools and strategies in a way that minimizes overall economic, health and environmental risks. Pests are defined as any organism (microbes, plants or animals) that poses economic, health, aesthetic or environmental risk. Pests are context-specific, so an organism that is a pest in one environment may be benign or beneficial in others." (National Road Map for Integrated Pest Management, Revised October 24, 2018)
Note: We are making an attempt to apply for pesticide recertification credit.
|Deadline for concurrent session proposals||April 24, 2017|
|Deadline for IPM Achievement Award nominations||June 30, 2017|
|Symposium registration opens||November 29, 2017|
|Deadline for poster submissions||January 8, 2018|
|Deadline for discounted exhibitor registration||February 1, 2018|
|Hotel room block release date||February 19, 2018|
|Deadline for discounted participant registration||February 19, 2018|
|9th International IPM Symposium||March 19-22, 2018|
If you are interested in helping plan the next symposium or providing financial support, contact the Steering Committee at email@example.com.
To receive future notices about the symposium and tell the organizers about your IPM activities and interests, click here to fill out the interest form.
The 8th International IPM Symposium, "IPM: Solutions for a Changing World," was attended by nearly 450 professionals from 27 countries. The symposium sessions were divided into tracks based on commodity or setting and addressed various aspects of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) across disciplines and around the world.