The call for session proposals is now closed. The program committe is reviewing submissions. Submitters will be notified if their session is accepted by August 2017.
The program committee received many proposals for symposium sessions. The symposium sessions will be divided into tracks based on emerging themes and will address various aspects of integrated pest management (IPM) across disciplines and around the world.
Session Organizer Expectations
Session organizers will be expected to:
- Secure speakers to fill the allocated time, as needed
- Serve as liaison with Symposium coordinators for session organization
- Submit individual speaker contact information to Symposium coordinators
- Submit presentation titles and abstracts from individual speakers for inclusion in final proceedings
- Collect PowerPoint presentations from individual speakers, as needed
- Serve as moderator of the session (or find one) at the Symposium
As at past symposia, limited “Program Enhancement” funds for speaker support may be available. Program enhancement funds may only be requested, and if granted, used for registration and travel expenses for invited speakers from outside the “regular IPM Community” and individuals without specific IPM-related sponsorship including growers, certified crop consultants, students, non-governmental agency personnel and non-university educators. Applications for these funds will be made available after the proposals have been reviewed.